Statisticians are familiar with the concept of “self-selection” but it’s rarely discussed, understood or accounted for when determining your “return on loyalty”.
Simply because your most loyal customers have joined your programme, does not mean your programme improved or caused them to become more loyalty. In today’s fascinating discussion around the challenge of “self-selection”, my two guests who co-founded the “customer science” firm Ellipsis, discuss how they isolate, measure and define the levers within a loyalty program to understand what’s working, what’s not and why!
Listen for a masterclass on the concept of “return on loyalty”, NPS and how to separate correlation from causation using data insights.
1) Tim Tyler – Managing Partner at Ellipsis & Company
2) Adam Schaffer – Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Ellipsis & Company
3) Return on Loyalty – https://www.returnonloyalty.com.au/
4) Whitepaper – Return on Loyalty https://www.ellipsisandco.com/perspectives/measuring-return-on-loyalty
5) Whitepaper – Your Loyalty Strategy Depends on Your Program Age
7) The Mismanagement of Customer Loyalty – Harvard Business Review article